Saturday, May 1, 2010

More Pancake News

After trying their amazing brownie mix, I bought a variety of the King Arthur Flour GF line (new and not even in stores yet -- only available online). So this morning, I attempted the pancakes. It was nice and easy -- butter, eggs, milk, and mix -- and mixed up to look just like pancake batter... promising...

Verdict: Very yummy! Not a sweet recipe like the ones I did that called for sugar and/or vanilla, so more like what I'm used to (where the sweet comes from the syrup). Not Bisquick flavored -- Mike said they tasted like buttermilk pancakes to him -- so once I adjusted my mindset (after a bite or two) and appreciated them for the pancakes they were, I was very happy! Cooked up the rest of the batch and am going to freeze them for future days' meals.

One thing I wish they'd do -- I'd like to know how much mix is in the box b/c the recipe calls for you to use the whole thing at once, not measure out a quantity, and it made WAY more pancakes than I need -- even if I'm feeding the kids too. I could have done a half batch and been fine if they made that easy. All the ingredients are easily divisible by 2, so I just have to figure out how much mix there is and divide that in the future. At $6/box, I'd like to be able to make it last!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you have sent the company an email asking them about adding that info to the packaging, or putting it on an FAQ on their site. If they want to be successful and are new, they might appreciate it.
    Glad to hear you found an easy one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put it in a product review on their site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got into a good pancake groove - I know how important they are to you!! Have you tried Pamela's brownies yet? I had them from my GF friend, and they are a lot like Miles of Chocolate... super yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Lea, I have had them. There are about 6 recipes on the box and I made them according to the first one. They were very good, but my comment was that they just begged for "mode" to go with them -- extra rich and slightly dry. Next time I try those, I will probably try the "fudgiest brownies" recipe, hoping they will be more gooey (how do you spell gooey-er?) like Duncan Hines Fudge Brownies.

    ReplyDelete