Friday, May 7, 2010

Doin' the Happy Dance!

I just made a batch of chocolate chip cookies using the King Arthur Flour brand GF cookie mix. Oh my gosh! I can't even tell you how good they are. They look like chocolate chip cookies, they taste like chocolate chip cookies -- and good ones too! I am just bursting with happiness!

The mix is currently only available via the KAF website (brand new line of products) but they're working on getting them in stores. They're over $5 per box, which is kinda insanely expensive, but it makes 3 dozen cookies and that's a substantially better price per cookie than the pre-baked ones I found at Whole Foods that is $6.99 for 8 cookies! And I gotta say, at this point, the mix is worth every penny!

Now, I still have 2 home-made recipes to try (not today but soon), so perhaps I won't need to spend that kind of money for my sweet treats eventually, but knowing I have that option ROCKS!

3 comments:

  1. Excellent! So happy for you - I couldn't live w/o choc chip cookies

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure does! I bet they are made with a KA flour that you can buy and use to make your own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Leeann, that may be true, but the flour is ALSO $6 or so a box!!! But like I said, I have a lot of hope for the recipes on that Four Chickens blog or on the Land O Lakes website (which someone at a celiac group meeting recommended).

    ReplyDelete