Thursday, April 29, 2010

My friends rock!

Just wanted to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to all the wonderful people who are paying attention to all my whining about this GF thing and have been sending me links to web sites and blogs about GF foods, restaurants/bakeries, and blogs.

Just today, one friend sent me a link to the blog Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef, which led me to another called Four Chickens. Both of these bloggers appear to be awesome GF bakers publishing some really fantastic-looking recipes! (Now I just have to find the obscure flours they use in their homemade GF all-purpose flour blends and I'm set!)

Also, for lunch today, I tried the Wildwood Cafe that several of you have recommended. Got a hot turkey and provolone on foccacia bread that was SOOOO delicious. I even bought a set of 4 buns to take home for other sandwiches or for burgers! Very exciting.

Finally, I tried 3 of the recipes from the Year of Slow-cooking blog/website that a couple of you pointed me to. (The author cooks GF but the recipes are written to cook either way). 2 of them were fantastic (the carnitas and the sweet mustard roast) and the third (orange chicken) had potential but my timing was off and it ended up overcooking (she indicated 6 hours on low and apparently she meant it...).

It is wonderful to know people are thinking of me when they see these things and go out of their way to take the time to drop me a line about them. Thank you all for all the support! Please keep the info coming as you find it -- there is a lot available but I don't necessarily stumble across the same resources you do!

2 comments:

  1. HEY Sistyugler! Call your Mommy...or shoot her an email! I was on the phone with her last night and told her about your blog and she wants the link! I was already in bed and forgot to send it to her today! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually ahead of you on that -- just sent her one last night. Though NOW she's going to think it's just b/c of you reminding me! GAH!

    ReplyDelete